Sour Fest will return on Saturday, March 31st!
Join us for an all day, un-ticketed fest celebrating CBC's Sour Beers! We'll have 16 funky, tart, & puckering Sour + Wild Ales on tap accompanied by a special menu by #ChefDavid.
On Tap for #CBCSourFest:
• AGAVE NAGILA (9.5%) — Tequila barrel-aged for one year with Brettanomyces, this strong Belgian blonde ale is then blended with Kosher salt and fresh lime zest — adding margarita character to this cool beer with aged agave spirit character. Rejoice and be happy!
• A PICTURE OF NECTAR (6%) — barrel fermented sour ale with loads of pureed whole apricots! The fresh fruit dominates the palate with bright acid and heady complexity, and summertime flavors of apricot nectar and fresh stone fruit.
• BRETT CONSPIRACY 2017(6%) — Pils malt, oats, raw wheat, fermented in oak barrels, dryhopped with Galaxy and Centennial hops. Six months of mixed culture fermentation yields a floral and fruity beer with notes of pineapple and guava, blueberries, and a super dry finish.
• CERISE CASSÈE 2015 (9%) — This vintage expression of our groundbreaking Solera-aged American sour ale is a blend of beers fermented and aged in the wood between one and twelve years old. Amazingly amazing!
• CERISE CASSÈE 2018 (9%) — Our most recent expression of our groundbreaking Solera-aged American sour ale is a blend of beers fermented and aged in the wood between one and fourteen years old. Amazingly amazing!
• THE COLONEL 2015 (6.5%) — Barrel aged “Vatted” porter with Brettanomyces, our modern interpretation of the ‘entire’ original porter-style beers of the 19 th century. Vanilla and charred oak round out flavors of berry, roast, and caramel with a tart finish.
• COR CORDIUM (5%) — GABF-winning collab with our pals at Jester King Brewery. Local barley, wheat, and rye co-fermented with CBC’s and Jester King’s wild yeast cultures. Refermented with foraged Cornelian cherries and heirloom cranberries. Incredible.
• EVERYTHING IS A REMIX 2016 (7%) – CBC’s house mixed culture, fermented in oak barrels. Spicy, tart, and dry palate complemented by blending and dryhopping in stainless steel. Floral & tropical fruit, spice and funk, grassy and dank hop character and bright acidity.
• HENDRIX 2017 (6%) — Imperial Berliner Weisse with the fruity flavor of fresh cucumbers gains additional complexity from oak previously used for aging artisanal gin. Notes of citrus peel and spicy juniper, subtle botanical notes of rose petals and sandalwood.
• HONEY BADGER 2017 (6%) — Naturally fermented in the wood, barrel additions of honey came from our pal Mike Graney of Eat Local Honey and his awesome bees. Its brightly acidic nose, loads of honey, fruit blossom, citrus, and funk. Honey Badger just don’t care!
• JACK STRAW 2016 (4.5%) — 100% Brettanomyces sour ale, a transformation via barrel fermentation with Brett. bruxellensis drei and Brett. custercianus offering amazing tropical fruit notes of pineapple, passion fruit, and guava to this refreshing beer with a bracingly tart edge.
• OM 2017 (7.8%) — A secondary Brettanomyces ferment adds complexity to this strong blonde ale, vibrated in Bbls at 136Hz. Dry on the palate, with notes of mandarin orange and peach fruit, honeyed malt and hops providing inner bliss, equanimity, and world harmony.
• VIVE BRUXELLES! (6.8%) — Our interpretation of the sour red ales of Flanders. Barrel fermentation and a year of maturation in oak on whole black currants brings us this deep garnet-colored beer. Complex vinous notes, dark berries, sour cherry, and fruit leather, firm tannins, polished oak character, refined acidity.
• WAKE UP THE SUN 2017 (5.5%) — Barrel-fermented mixed culture saison. Raw and malted wheat and rye, Brettanomyces, Lactobacillus and saison yeast. Fruity and complex palate filled with lemon, papaya, mango and spice. Subtle funk, coconut and oak round out the slightly vinous finish.
• WET HOT AMERICAN SOUR 2017 (6.3%) — Crushable kettle-sour beer with orange and lemon peel, a touch of coriander, and a dose of Citra and Sorachi Ace hops combine to create a citrus-forward palate with bright, refreshing acidity.
• WHATS THE USE?(6.3%) — Brewed with sweet gale, yarrow, wild rosemary, along with Labrador tea, licorice root and nettles. Aged in oak wine barrels inoculated with our wild yeast culture. Pleasant herbal tea aroma with up-front acidity, spicy Belgian yeast, and malt followed by a satisfying, dry finish.
Beers List Subject To Change at our discretion.