Game Over is part arcade/gaming installation, part synthwave/faux-retro 80s infused nightclub. A celebration of gaming, music, and the times that we all wish we could experience once more. Game Over will take up residence in the Boston Center for the Arts Cyclorama building at 539 Tremont St from March 30th to April 6th, the event runs from 8pm to 1am each evening. Consisting of a 75 game arcade, live performances by Anamanaguchi (March 30th and 31st) and Powerglove (April 6th), classic console area, FULL bar with food service, and 23,000 sq ft of other gaming goodness.
April 5-6: DOORS OPEN 8PM, EVENT ENDS 1AM
Cosplay Contest Rules
Entry form here: goo.gl/forms/TUHXkTlG5nN1F2UN2
ALL entrants must fill out an entry form
1. Due to the size of the venue and the expected attendance we cannot allow weapons of any kind, we apologize for the inconvenience but our guest’s safety is always our top priority.
2. Your costume may not be more than 20% store bought (stockings, wigs, etc are acceptable).
3. Provide what work and materials went into your cosplay.
4. A reference photo must be provided to ensure fair judgement based on accuracy.
5. All entrants must provide a sound file/backing track of their choice for the stage exhibition portion, not all entrants will reach this portion of the contest but all must have sound files ready if they do.
5. Sign ups day of are accepted only if entrant can provided a printed or digital reference photo, provide their sound file of choice, and fill out contest entrance form.
6. All entrants must be inside the venue and checked in with staff by no later than 9pm.
6. No group entries.
7. Pre-judging will take place in which the judges will evaluate each entry based upon workmanship (the overall quality and appearance of the costume), performance (how well the entrant can emulate the character they are cosplaying as) and accuracy (how closely their costume resembles the character). The judges will then narrow the field of entrants to the top 32.
8. The resulting top 32 will then compete in a final exhibition on stage. Each entrant will be given 1 minute with backing music/sound file of their choice to perform as they see fit. After which the champion will be crowned.
April 6: Rock out with PowerGlove and opening act Lame Genie VGM! Bands go on at approximately 930pm, PowerGlove takes the stage at approximately 10pm.
Your ticket gets you full access to Game Over, free play on ALL of our gaming equipment with no restrictions, access to our vast board and card game library, service from our bartenders and servers, performances from our lineup of bands and DJs, mingle with industry professionals, developers and artists from your favorite games, voice actors, and so much more. Never before has there been an after party quite like this, so come join us, on a trip to a time that never existed…
Game Over is in no way affiliated with any convention, including anime boston and pax east, we are a separate event at a different location. Your anime boston or pax east badges will not get you access to this event, you must purchase a ticket.
For requests, inquiries, sponsorship opportunities, and press consideration please contact: