Cultivate and Flourish: A Mentorship for Yoga Teachers with Tatyana Souza and Laura Ahrens
Teacher training really starts when it ends, and truly learning how to teach happens at the front of the classroom. Of course, YTT provides us with a skill set and toolbox for teaching, but that can be quite different from applying these things to real students in real classes. As yoga teachers, we learn so much out in the field, but it can be difficult to navigate without continued guidance and refinement of the skills learned in training. That’s where mentorship comes in …
Mentorship will include:
• Advanced vinyasa sequencing
• Universal alignment principles and a refined understanding of posture in theory and practice
• Yoga philosophy, including a study of the limbs of yoga (yamas and niyamas) and how to live the practice and weave the philosophy into your teaching, practice, and daily life
• Chakra centers and how to sequence for specific chakra balance
• Seeing bodies, advanced assists, and modifications for all bodies, including advanced prop usage and modifications for common injuries
• Effective cueing, refining your voice as a teacher, and using your voice as a vehicle
• Monthly business checks-ins and support from your community to continue to grow your career (You'll be given homework and challenges between sessions.)
• A unique aspect of our mentorship program will be a professional practicum. Unlike the practicum you passed to graduate from YTT, by the time you begin mentorship you will have logged some teaching hours, and feedback will land differently. After teaching a practicum, you will receive challenging yet encouraging feedback and suggestions for applying that information into your teaching.
• Completion of 200-hour YTT
• Attendance in two of Laura’s and two of Tatyana’s classes before commencement of the program; as well as three more of each of their classes over the duration of the mentorship
• Teaching yoga for at least six months or have taught at least 10 group classes
• 35 hours of Yoga Alliance Continuing Education (CEU) credits
• Personalized homework for growth as both a practitioner and teacher
• Feedback to apply to your teaching moving forward
Commitment: One Friday per month from 11:15 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. at Coolidge Corner Yoga.
Dates: January 19th, February 16th, March 2nd, March 16th, April 13th, May 4th and May 18th.
Self Investment: $700 Payment Plan (5 monthly payments of $150). All workshops are non-refundable.