Facebook event page
Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
465 Huntington Ave, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Join us for the kick-off to MFA Late Nites, our new series of after-hours celebrations that bring Boston together for an unforgettable night at the Museum.
The diverse event lineup features programming created in partnership with local organizations, artists and more—making the MFA's Shapiro Family Courytard, Art of Asia galleries and Linde Family Wing for Contemporary Art buzz with activity. Dance all night or stargaze in the courtyard—there's something for everyone from live music and DJs to artist demonstrations and performance art:
• A special sneak peek of «Takashi Murakami: Lineage of Eccentrics,» a collaboration with Nobuo Tsuji and the MFA. The exhibition explores connections between one of the most imaginative artists working today and the Museum's renowned collection of Japanese art.
• Performances by DJs YVNG PAVL, Gucci Vuitton, RIOBAMBA_dj, Ed Balloon, Durkin and The BladeRunners—all hosted by Tory Bullock
• A Chef Showdown featuring competitive bites of Japanese street food, as well as a Moonlight Beer Garden
• Drawing After Dark and a Textile Design Challenge to engage party goers' artistic side
• «Oompa Presents: A Rap Slam,» a competition in which hip-hop artists perform original music in a three-round, slam poetry-style competition
• Performances by Urbanity Dance
• An installation by The Hotmilks Foundation, part of MIT Hacking Arts
• «Jellyshroom Boom,» an interactive art-making installation with artist Jie Qi, which invites visitors to imagine, create and contribute their own glowing creatures to a collaboratively grown bloom of illuminated jellyfish and mushrooms
Limited advance tickets ($13) are available now, with additional tickets on sale at the door the night of October 13 ($20) on a first come, first served basis. Food and drink available for purchase. The MFA’s XPass ($40), a brand new membership offering, will provide free advance tickets to the Late Nites event, as well as free admission to the Museum for six months, October 1, 2017 through April 1, 2018—plenty of time to take advantage of a range of related programs and activities, including the next MFA Late Nites event on March 3, 2018.
Advance ticket sales end at 8 pm on Thursday, October 12. Entry will be at the MFA’s Huntington Avenue entrance and no re-entry will be allowed. Guests of all ages are welcome; visitors wishing to consume alcohol must be 21+. Valid ID with proof of age is required to purchase alcohol. Food and drink will be available for purchase; no outside food or beverage allowed. All bags are subject to inspection by Museum staff. Backpacks and large bags are not permitted. All other smaller bags are strongly discouraged, and may need to be checked upon entry. The MFA has a strict no-smoking policy; this includes vaporizers. The MFA reserves the right to deny entry or to ask guests to leave at any time.
MFA Late Nites is made possible by Trustee Dr. Jeffrey Leiden and his wife Lisa.