Facebook event page
Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
465 Huntington Ave, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Celebrate the return of spring with Art in Bloom, the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston's annual festival of fine art and flowers!
Enjoy exquisite art from across the MFA’s collection paired with magnificent floral interpretations created by New England-area garden clubs. Professional designers delight with creative designs in Museum entrances and walkways.
• Art in Bloom launches with an Evening Preview of freshly installed arrangements on Friday, April 28 from 5 to 10 pm.
• Daily events include tours of flower arrangements throughout the galleries; demonstrations of floral arranging for your home; snacks and lunch among masterpieces in the European Paintings gallery; and outdoor walking tours.
• The popular Member Night is Saturday, April 29, and Community Day with children’s activities is Sunday, April 30.
• Free Ikebana demonstrations take place on Saturday from 3 to 4 pm in Remis Auditorium.
• Special Guided Group Tours are available beginning Friday evening.
Ariella Chezar (Ariella Chezar Design), celebrated expert of painterly arrangements, offers Master Classes on Saturday, April 29. On April 30, Ariella presents a lecture and demonstration with techniques for creating designs that are dramatic, unexpected and even magical. Her work has appeared in numerous national publications as well as in the White House. Recently named a Top Wedding Designer by Harper’s Bazaar magazine, Ariella is the author of two best-selling books, «Flowers for the Table» (2002) and «The Floral Workshop» (2016). Book signing will take place following Master Classes and Lecture.