Facebook event page
Afterhours at Northeastern
Curry Student Center, Northeastern University, 360 Huntington Ave, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Join the sisters of Alpha Epsilon Phi and Kappa Kappa Gamma for our co-sponsored lip sync battle! The competition will consist of three grueling rounds of lip sync performances to determine which group will take home the title of 2017 Lip Sync for Life Champions! You can sign up in groups of up to 6 people to compete for $5 per group member, or enjoy the show for $3 admission.
Tabling Hours in Curry Crossroads:
March 15th: 9:00am-10:00am, 5:00pm-7:00pm
March 16th: 9:00am-11:00am & 2:00pm-6:00pm
March 17th: 9:00am-3:00pm
If you can't make it to tabling, please sign up here to compete:
We will have prizes for our top competitors as well; competitors will be judged on their performance, costumes, and originality!
All of the proceeds raised from this event will be split between two incredible non-profit organizations: Sharsheret and Christopher's Haven. Sharsheret supports young Jewish women and their families facing breast cancer. Their mission is to offer a community of support to women of Jewish backgrounds diagnosed with breast cancer or at increased genetic risk. The organization fosters culturally-relevant individualized connections with networks of peers, health professionals, and related resources. Christopher's Haven provides a home away from home for children undergoing cancer treatments at Mass General Hospital. They provide a safe haven for children and their families to reside in during a tumultuous time. Christopher's Haven doesn't just give these families a place to stay, but instead gives them a place where they can feel comfortable, supported, and at home. Both of these non-profit organizations make monumental impacts on the lives of families faced with cancer.
RULES FOR COMPETITORS:
1) There is a $5 fee per person of each participating group member.
2) This fee must be paid during Tabling Hours or you can venmo @LipSyncForLife2017 and the final
deadline to submit group member fees is 12:00pm on March 20th.
3) No more than 6 members per group.
4) Each team must submit 3 songs to [email protected]
using the website: tubechop.com to clip the songs.
5) Each song clip should not exceed 1 minute in length.
6) The songs must be submitted to this email by 12:00pm on March 20th or the team will not be allowed to participate in the competition.
7) There will be 3 rounds during the Lip Sync Battle, with eliminations during each round. Not all teams will have to perform all 3 songs, but all teams should be prepared to perform all 3 songs submitted.
Attendance will be taken at the event for all teams. All teams must come to the event no later than 6:45pm to prepare and set up!
Hope to see you all there!